DAY 01: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
DAY 02: Sacred Valley of the Inkas (Pisaq -Urubamba-Ollantaytambo-Chimcheros)-( Overnight in Cusco Hotel)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we will be visit Chimcheros which is another great archeological site in the Sacred Valley we will be back in cusco at around 6:00pm (B,L)
Day 03: Mollepata – Soraypampa-Salkantay
We pick you up from your hotel and then we go the bus station and travel by bus for about 3 hours to Mollepata. A 3 hour walk will take us to Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our trek towards Soraypamapa, our first campsite (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) taking in the beautiful landscape along the way
Day 04: Soraypampa –Chaullay or Collpapampa (Mighty Salkantay)!!
We will have breakfast at around 5.30am and begin our walk to the highest pass on this trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second campsite, chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
Day 05: Chaullay –La Playa or Santa Teresa ( Cloud Forest)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start trekking for the day through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours . Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place where we are going to camp, on the other hand the horses will go back to Mollepata. from here there are an optional thing to do so we can take a local bus to drive one hour to get santa teresa where we can enjoy the natural hots pring ( bus fares and entrance fees to the the natural hots pring is not included in this tour
Day 06:La Playa to Llactapata or Santa Teresa –Hidroelectrica -Aguas Calientes
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our campsite at la Playa we will walk for about 20 minutes to get to Lucmabamba so wi wil do the original trail of Lacctapata after we arrive to Hydrolectric where we are going to have lunch then we continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana we will be walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostal.
In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the trek
Day 7: Machu Picchu!!!!!!
We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to machupichu which takes
one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) to be given your train tickets back to Cusco or ollantaytambo . The first train usually leaves at 15.55 and we will arrive back in Cusco at about 20.20.or the second train which leaves 4:20 and goes to ollantaytambo where someone will be waiting for you with your guides name who will take you to take a bus to cusco .
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
Breakfast in your hotel. At the designated time you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the airport for your departing flight.
You will be assisted at the airport before you board your plane.
Includes / Not Includes
- All Transfers as mentioned in the Travel Program
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Cusco & 1 night in Aguas Calientes (double,twin or triple room)
- Top hotels in each category with all hotels based on US Standard
- All tours mentioned in the travel program
- All Entrance Fees
- Professional English Speaking Guides
- 4 Breakfasts (in hotel), 1 lunch (included on Full Day Tours)
- Round trip Domestic Flights (Lima- Cusco- Lima)
- 24 Hour assistance
What is included in the Salkantay trek
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 10 paxs
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Mollepata ( trailhead)
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo ( expedition service can be at 2:30 pm,18:45pm or 21:30 pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu and Waynapicchu
- Food: *4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 4 dinners
- 3-people tents capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( 4season tent)
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. Chairs and tables)
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes(private room,cable tv, wi fi) (double,twin or triple room)
- First Aid kit
- *Vegetarian/special diet options available
Doesn´t include :
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in agues calientes
- Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there (15 soles round trip ) Aguas calientes(10 soles)
- Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
- Sleeping bags ( You can rent it from us)
- Walking sticks ( You can rent it from us)
Note: if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take:
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandages
We are professional speaking English licensed guides in cusco BIOANDEAN EXPEDITIONS
Price ∧ availability
PRIVATE TOURS ARE BASED ON GROUP SIZE:
Two trekkers: 1550 USD$ per person
Three trekkers: 1530 USD$ per person
Four trekkers: 1520 USD$ per person
Five – to more: 1500 USD$ per person
Methods Of Payments
Methods Of Payments
OUR TWO WAY OF SENDING YOUR DEPOSIT TO PERU THROUGH WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM OR BANK ACCOUNT TRANSFER
This is the main way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : Wester Union Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you at the end of the Transaction Western union or Money Gram will give you a control number that you need to let us know so we can be able to collect your deposit.
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer: Instantaneous (Note: You can use this Method if you want us to act faster to ensure your Inca Trail or Salkantay Trek Space)
HERE ARE THE FULL DETAILS OF THE PERSON YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR DEPOSIT FOR WESTER UNION
Receiver’s Name: MONICA SANDRA
Receiver’s Father Surname: SINGUNA
Receiver’s Mother Surname: MAMANI
Receiver’s Address : Suecia Street 380 – E ( Plaza de Armas)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 73995207
Phone numbers: mobile 051 984 404049 or our land line 051 084 227118
*You can send the money to my boss bank account too here is the full details So if you send your deposit through this bank account this bank charge 7% over the amount you are going to send please and we don’t know how much your bank will charge you to send money abroad so remember this before using this way.[/bs_notification]
Name of Bank: Banco de Crédito del Perú BCP
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 285-28511999-1-64
Account Name: Maribel Sanchez Huaman
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone VíaBCP: 0051-1-3119898
Bank Address: 189 Av. El Sol