FIRST DAY: CUSCO, TAMBOMACHAY / PUMAMARCA.
Pick up from the Hotel at 06:00, transfer to the heading to the archeological site of Tambomachay; the hike will start at this point, and will continue through puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa pass (4020m/13186ft). We hike along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we encounter archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. We continue on to the Queullococha pass (4185m/13727ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views stand the Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon snow peaks. We hike past the Queullococha Lake, where we may see huallatas, ducks and small fish to then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220m/13842ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. We then ascend towards the fourth pass at Rumicruz (4230m/13874ft). We then make our way to the Inca rock quarry (4220m/13842ft), which was the place from where the rocks were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend towards the Pucamarca community (4010m/13153ft), where we arrive in the afternoon. Here we dine and camp through the night.
SECOND DAY: HUCHUY QOSQO / CUSCO.
After breakfast; we leave at 07:00 our camping place to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600m/11808ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River. After explanation we start to walk around two hours to the next point (4200m/13776ft), going down around two hours until arrive to Taucca, where we have the lunch place, from here we take our private transport drives back to Cusco to your Hotel.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pre-departure Huchuy Qosqo briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking Huchuy Qosqo tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 4:30 to 5:00 am
Round trip Private Transportation
- Food: *2 breakfasts,2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 2 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain North Face Tent )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portable chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.)
- Cook who is in charge of making the food
- Horses, horseman or porters (they carry cooking stuff, camping equipment and 6 kilos of passenger’s stuff )
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Bioandean Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
- Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Bioandean Expeditions Office.
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Sleeping bag (goose down) -15ºC-extreme it can be hired from us US$20 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trip
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Bioandean Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles they can also be hired from us
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Fixed Departure Dates (March 2017 through January 2018):
Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 240 USD$
Three trekkers: 200 USD$
Four trekkers: 180 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 150 USD$
Seven – Ten trekkers: 130USD$
Methods Of Payments
OUR TWO WAYS OF SENDING YOUR DEPOSIT THROUGH PAYPAL ACCAOUNT, WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM OR BANK ACCOUNT TRANSFER
This is the main way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you at the end of the Transaction Western union or Money Gram will give you a control number that you need to let us know so we can be able to collect your deposit.
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer: Instantaneous (Note: You can use this Method if you want us to act faster to ensure your Inca Trail or Salkantay Trek Space)
HERE ARE THE FULL DETAILS OF THE PERSON YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR DEPOSIT
Receiver’s Name: NILA
Receiver’s Surname: VALDERRAMA SANDOVAL
Receiver’s Address : Suecia Street 380 – E ( Plaza de Armas)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 44334679
×Phone numbers: mobile 051 984 404049 or our land line 051 084 227118
*You can send the money to my boss bank account too here is the full details So if you send your deposit through this bank account this bank charge 7% over the amount you are going to send please and we don’t know how much your bank will charge you to send money abroad so remember this before using this way.
Name of Bank: Banco de Crédito del Perú BCP
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 285-28511999-1-64
Account Name: Maribel Sanchez Huaman
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone VíaBCP: 0051-1-3119898
Bank Address: 189 Av. El Sol