This package is perfect for active and non active people due to doing the Choquequirao trek in 5D/4N give you opportunities to get and explore the whole choquequirao without a rush so this package included the visit of the Two more important archeological sites in the Region of Cusco : Choquequirao and Machupicchu all in 6D/5N
1 Day: Cachora – Coca masana – Playa Rosalina:
We leave from Cusco early in the morning by private transport. Approx. at 5:30 we will arrive after 4 hours in Cachora (2,900m asl), a typical Andean town where we meet the rest of our trekking team. After a well deserved breakfast we start a two-hour trek to Capuliyoc (2,915m). On the way we get our first views of the Apurimac Valley stretching below and of the snow-capped peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora (5,482m). Afterwards we descend through the eastern slopes of the Andes to reach Coca Masana (2,330m). The temperature becomes higher and the flora and fauna begin to change. Finally we arrive at Playa Rosalina (Rosalina Beach) at 1,550m, where we camp beside the raging Apurimac River.
2 Day: Playa Rosalina – Maranpata or Choquequirao:
Again we get up very early to start, after the breakfast, our walk to reach Maranpata or Choquequirao after middday.
we will reach the archaeological site and we get to know it step by step, the great ability and intelligence which had the people who constructed this vestige which makes us seeing again the glorious time of Inca empire.
Admiring the beauty and with our heads full of ideas, we observe dauntless the condors flying, which around 3 p.m. appear in area of Choquequirao when they fly to higher zones.
Later we take a route to Raqaypata where we camp and after dinner we pass the night.
3 Day: Choquequirao all day:
This day we will dedicate ourselves exclusively to enjoy all the magic of history and splendor of Choquequirao, with a guided visit and time to know whole the site with its 8 sectors, like barns, houses temples and also we will observe the three levels of the excavated ruins of this late Inca-town, like the ruin in progress of excavation and finally unexplored areas that can tell us about this last refuge of the oppressed inca empire terraces. Again, like in the morning this afternoon we have the opportunity to enjoy the majestic flight of condors which with big luck will pass very close to you. In the afternoon we will return to our campsite to have our lunch and then rest and enjoy the quietness of Choquequirao.
4 Day: Choquequirao -Santa Rosa – Chiquiska:
After having Breakfast we will begin to go down towards Santa Rosa, where the vegetation will become abundant and the weather hotter so then. We will continue to the sector of Chiquiska for camping.
5 Day: Chiquiska – Cachora – AguasCalientes:
We will wake to birds’ songs and beautiful scenery. We will walk to Cachora and after lunch we take our bus to get ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas calientes(Machupicchu) overnight at the aguas calientes town. we will pass the night in a *** star Hotel
6 Day: Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Ollamtaytambo -Cusco
(Machupicchu) We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave walking to machupichu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
* Around 6:45 pm you will take your expeditions train service back to Ollamtaytambo where our where our transfer will take you in a private transport back to cusco to your hotel this is the end of our service
Includes + Not Includes
- 1 : What is included during the Choquequirao trek
- Professional, Speaking English Tour Guide and Assistant Guide (for groups of 8 or more people)
- Collection from hotel ( we will come to pick you up )
- Round trip Private bus (Cusco-Cachora-Cusco)
- Food : 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day
Camping equipment Dining and cooking tent with table and chairs
- Tent capacity 4 people to be use only for 2 paxs so you will have more room to storage your own luggage
- Horseman and mules (they just carry cooking and camping equipment)
- 7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- Therma rest air mattress
- First Aid kit
- Breakfast During the first day
- Sleeping bags
- Extra horse to ride
- Extra horse to carry extra luggage apart from the 7 kilos that is included in the package
What you need to take:
- Walking boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
Optional items to take:
- Walking poles (with rubber tip) they can also be hired from us
- Plasters and bandages
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc , ( optional )
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters ,cook and guide and for any emergency (200 soles )
2: What is included During the Machupicchu tour
- Tour Guide
- Collection from the train station back to cusco (private car)
- Round trip train Ollamtaytambo -Aguas Calientes (tourist train)
- Accommodation* in Aguas Calientes in A *** star hotel (includes private bathroom, 24-hour hot water, cable Tv and breakfast)
- Entrance fee to the Sanctuary of Machupicchu
What is not included
- Bus up or down from Aguas Calientes- Machupicchu
- Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu
What you need to take:
- Warm clothes/waterproof jacket (depending on season)
- Sun protection cream (depends on season)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Original passport
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Fixed Departure Dates (March 2018 through January 2019):
April: 18th (2pp)
July : 29th (2pp) 30th (2pp)
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 950 USD$
Three trekkers: 940 USD$
Four trekkers: 930 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 920 USD$
Seven – Ten trekkers: 900 USD$