We will pick you up at Around 3 am in the morning from your Cusco hotel and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) is 3 hours long. Once we reach the Inkintuyoc bridge, we will have a fueling continental breakfast.
We then start off on our hike, following a lovely stream. You will be immediately surprised by literally herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have consistent views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will hike through villages and interact with the local residents. We will stop for a deluxe box lunch along the trail.
Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 5 hours, we finally reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 4 to 5 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3 hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 8 and 9 PM.
Includes + Not Includes
- Professional Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Quesiuno
- Return transportation from Quesiuno to your Cusco hotel
- One continental breakfast, one deluxe box lunch
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
Services Not Included:
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance
What to bring:
- Original passport (if you have acquired a new one after you made your booking, bring both)
- Rain jacket / poncho
- Winter hat and gloves
- Rain pants
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
- Our trek rankings are the following
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
2018 Price Group Price (March 2018 through January 2019):
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 170 USD$
Three trekkers: 150 USD$
Four trekkers: 140 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 130 USD$
Seven – Ten trekkers: 120 USD$