This three days trek to the Rainbow Mountain of Peru are going to leave you with a memorable experience, On the 2nd day of hiking you will observe a wonderful night amongst some of the shimmering stars, a milky way so colorful and the constellations of southern hemisphere, you will be startled. This new trek will spellbound you constantly. With a combination of amazing landscapes, snowcapped, colorful tarns. Rushing streams, challenging mountain passes, local herders, Andean geese, llamas, alpacas, chinchillas, condors and vicuñas, and of course you will have the opportunity of visiting the Rainbow Mountain waht is mre we will be the first people to arrive to this place so we can have all the majestic of this place only for us . everything seeming intact and undiscovered.
Dont forget you are hiking (above 14,000ft), make sure you are fully prepared.this trek is challenging and very rewarding at the same time. you should be in shape and healthy. We really recommend you to spend at least two to three days in Cusco or in other places with the same elevation to acclimatize, and drink plenty of fluid before starting the hike.
Day 1: Cusco – Upis – Yana Cocha
Walking Distance : 14km/ 8,69 miles
pick up: 04:00 am from your hotel
hiking hour: 7 hours roughly
Trailhead Elevation: 4,220 meters / 13,840 feet.
Highest Elevation: 4,750 meters / 15,584 feet.
Altitude Gain: 500 meters / 1,640 feet
Campsite Elevation: 4,300 meters / 14,100 feet
Day 2: Yana Cocha – Puca Cocha Pass – Ananta
Walking Distance : 12km/ 7,50 miles
hiking hour: 6 hours roughly
Trailhead Elevation: 4,300 meters / 14,100 feet
Highest Elevation: 4,990 meters / 16,400 feet.
Altitude Gain: 600 meters / 1,968 feet
Campsite Elevation: 4,700 meters / 15,420 feet
Day 3: Ananta – Warmi Saya – Rainbow Mountain – Qanchipacha – Cusco
Walking Distance : 10 km/ 6,21 miles
Trailhead Elevation: 4,700 meters / 15,420 feet
Highest Elevation: 5,050 meters / 16,568 feet.
Altitude Gain: 700 meters / 2,200 feet}
hiking hour: 5 hours roughly
Includes / Not Includes
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging
What’s Not Included?
- Dinner on the 2th day.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medications
- Walking sticks
- Personal items
- Personal snacks
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Fixed Departure Dates (March 2018 through January 2019):
Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 340 USD$
Three trekkers: 320 USD$
Four trekkers: 300USD$
Five – to more trekkers 280 USD$