Day 1: Cusco – Condors –Humantay Lake- Salkantay Domes at Soraypampa
This first day will give participants time to adapt to the altitude and begin to prepare physically for the following days’ hiking.
Condors in the Apurimac Canyon
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:30 am and head north out of the city before arriving at the small village of Chonta where we will have our breakfast we begin our one hour hike towards the condor viewing point. The viewpoint offers the opportunity to observe flora and fauna native to the environment, as well as the Apurimac Canyon and River. Most tourists do not arrive until after noon which guarantees a quiet environment to observe the giants that share the sky with hawks, eagles and of course Condors. Then we will walk the same path to Chonta to catch our private transport for another 1 hour drive to our Salkantay Domes at Soraypampa,
We have a buffet Lunch in this exclusive campsite and take a hot shower and take a rest for 1 hour in our Salkantay Domes and then by the afternoon we walk for 1:30 minutes towards the Glacial lake and 1 hour back to our Salkatay Domes Campsite where we will pass the first Night
Driving Distance: 182.5 km
Driving Time: 4hrs 20 min
Altitude Chonta: 3,400 m.a.s.l
Altitude at Soraypampa: 3600 m.a.s.l
Altitude at Humantay Lake 4200 m.a.s.l
Day 2. Soraypampa -Salkantay Pass – Salkantay Domes
This option transports us up into the clouds; to Abra Salkantay. After breakfast, we will begin our trek through the bottom of the valley, gradually starting to ascent while crossing several small pampas. The challenging final climb to the Abra Pass will be rewarded with spectacular views of the south face of the snowy and wild Salkantay.
In the Pass, we will have time to celebrate our accomplishment by doing a small ceremony with coco leaves thanking the Apus before descending to a warmer spot to enjoy our lunch before returning to our Luxury Domes at Soraypamba where weare going to have or dinners and we will do a Bonfire appreciating the milky way and of course the Salkantay and Humantay Snow Capped Mountain. There are optional horses to Ride ask for price
Hiking distance: 12 km / 7.5 mi
Hiking time: 7-8 hrs. round trip
Altitude Abra Salkantay: 4,664 m / 15,300 ft.
Hiking level: Challenging
Day 3: – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu
We will have breakfast at the camp and then travel through small Quechua villages of the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo to board a train that will take us to the village of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo). We will enjoy the scenic train ride while eating our freshly prepared packed lunch. On arrival to Aguas Calientes we will travel by bus up to Machu Picchu with our guide to discover the impressive historical citadel for the afternoon. Having explored the site, we will descend to our wonderful hotel, where we can rest, or explore the village of Aguas Calientes until dinner.
Transfer distance: 130 km / 81.25mi
Transfer time: 2.5-3 hrs.
Train travel distance: 36 km / 22.5 mi
Train travel time: 1.5 hrs.
Machu Picchu Altitude: 2,000m / 6,560ft
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Cusco
After breakfast in Machu Picchu Pueblo, we will take the scenic train back to Ollantaytambo where we will have our own private transport waiting to take us back to Cusco.
Train Ride: 1.5 hrs.
Transfer distance: 110 km/68.4 mi.
Transfer time: 2 hrs.
Includes + Not Includes
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fees to The salkantay Trek
- Breifing time about the Salkantay Trek One day before
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 02 maximum 08 paxs
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Chonta and Soraypampa
- Round Trip Vistadome Luxury Train
- 4 start hotel Aguas calientes.
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 2 or 3-people Luxury Domes Capacity with private Toilets ,Hot Shower,Mattres, Bed
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 1 night accommodation in our 3 stars Hotel at Aguas Calientes(private room,cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
- *Vegetarian/special diet options available
Doesn´t Include at our Salkantay Domes Trek :
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu.( if you take this entrance it will be charge 30 dollars to the original price)
- Extra horse to ride .
- Tips for the Guide and the Crew
Note: if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take for the Salkantay Domes Trek :
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take for The Salkantay Domes Trek
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandage
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
2018 Price Group Price (December 2018 through December 2019):
Private Tours are based on Group Size for our Salkantay Domes Trek:
Three trekkers: 780 USD$
Four trekkers: 760 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 740 USD$
Seven – Eight trekkers: 720 USD$