Day 1: CUSCO-SORAYPAMPA DOMES-HUMANTAY BLUE LAGOON
We will pick you up 10 am from your hotel, where you will meet your BioandeanExpeditions trekking team. From here, we will head in our private van for a 3 hour drive to the campsite in Soraypampa, located at 3,800 m.a.s.l. We will arrive just on time to have Lunch at our Luxury Domes .
At the campsite, your guide will show you the facilities of our luxury Dome so after the Lunch we will walk for 3 hour round trip to visit the Humantay Blue Lagoon, by the evening time we will pass the night in our exclusive Luxury domes so we will have Dinner along with some hot drinks. Your night will be accompanied by the countless stars adorning the night sky and we do a bonfire to enjoy the stars.
Day 2: SORAYPAMPA CAMPSITE – SALKANTAY PASS– CHAULLAY-LUCMABAMBA
After a good night’s rest, you will have early wake up to enjoy your breakfast before your trek. During this morning, there will be a short team introduction between all trekkers and the Bioandean Staff to ensure a positive, family-like experience. After the introduction, you will give your duffle bags to the muleteers for carrying.
This will be a hike of approximately3 hours along a steady uphill until Salkantay Pass at 4,650 m.a.s.l.- the highest point of the trek. Once here, you will be rewarded with hot drinks before continuing!
From Salkantay Pass, it will only be 1 hour more to our Lunch Point at Wayracmachay after the lunch we will only walk for 2 hours through the Cloud forest towards CHaullay where we will take a 1 hour van transport to our exclusive Dome campsite at Lucmabamba Coffee Plantation Campsite
Walking Distance: 20 km
Elevation Gained: 850 meters
Elevation Descended: 850 meters
Weather: Cold, windy, rainy in the wet season
Day 3: COFFEE EXPERIENCE -ZIP LINING-BIKING-HOT SPRING
We will have an early breakfast so after the breakfast we will have the coffee experience we will be able to see the proccess of the coffee such as: harvesting ,toasting,grinding coffee after this experience we will get ready for our Zip lining activity full of adrenaline then we will do the biking for about 3 hours towards the natural hot spring of Santa Teresa where we will enjoy the natural hot spring for about 2 hours , finally we will be transported to our Dome campsite where we will have dinner and enjoy a bon fire
Day 4: LUCMABAMBA COFFEE FARM – LLACTAPATA -HYDROLECTRIC-AGUAS CALIENTES
After an early start and a hearty breakfast, we tackle the last day of our trek. We head uphill for 2-3 hours towards Llactapata pass (2,700 m/8,900ft), where we come upon a distant but quite special view of Machu Picchu from the southwest, a view few tourists ever glimpse; an added value are the Llactapata quechuan site, which have recently been restored. we will have a great view of Machu Picchu. We then begin our final descent to the Aobamba River through lush bamboo forests and more orchards and coffee plantations (2-3 hour descent). then after lunch we will walk for 2 and half hours from Hydroelectrica to Aguas calientes and do overnight in aguas calientes town in our 4 **** Hotel.
Walking Distance: 14 km
Campsite Elevation: 2,000 meters
Elevation Gained: 400 meters
Weather: During day time hot and humid, chilly at night
Day 5: MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
Today will be the most important day of your expedition. To get the most out of the day, we encourage every group to have an early breakfast before catching one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu (starting at 5:30 a.m.). The hotel will hold your bags for you while in Machu Picchu. This way, you will only be required to take your personal backpack with all essentials up to Machu Picchu. The bus ride from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu will take approximately 30 minutes.
Once in Machu Picchu, your guide will introduce you the beauty of Machu Picchu. You will head directly to a well-sought out location from where you will watch the sunrise and take photographs. Your guide will then guide you around the main sectors of the citadel, for a total of 2.5 hours. During this guided tour, you will learn some more about the history and culture of the Inca Empire. At the end of the tour, you will have some time to yourself or,you can hike Huayna Picchu* your guide will show you where to begin this hike, which will take no more than 2 hours round-trip.
For your return from Machu Picchu, we recommend to begin heading back to Aguas Calientes town by no later than 2 hours prior to your train departure. Your guide will inform you of your train times prior to your return. The train return from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo will take approximately 2 hours. In Ollantytambo, our Bioandean Expeditions Staff will be waiting for your right by the station´s exit door ready to bring you back to Cusco by car. The car ride to Cusco will be approximately 2 hours and will have you dropped off at your hotel in Cusco.
Includes / Not include
Tour All Inclusive
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fees to The salkantay Trek
- Entrance fees to Machupicchu
- Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu or Montaña Machupicchu
- Breifing time about the Salkantay Trek One day before
- Liners for your sleeping bags
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 02 maximum 10 paxs
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Soraypampa Luxury Domes Campsite
- Vistadome Luxury train back to ollantaytambo (can be at 13:30 pm or 16:30 pm leaving from
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: *5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 4 dinners
- 4-people Luxury Dome capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( with private Hot shower and toilets)
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment) and 8 kilos from your personal stuff
- 8 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- Roundtrip Bus Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu
- 1 night accommodation in our 4 stars Hotel at Aguas Calientes(private room, cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
What you need to take for Salkantay Trekking?:
- Original passport
Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take for Salkantay Trek
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandages
We are professional speaking English licensed guides in cusco BIOANDEAN EXPEDITIONS
Price & availability
PRICE FOR SALKANTAY TREKKING
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
2018 Price Group Price Salkantay Trekking (December 2018 through January 2019):
Private Tours for Salkantay Trekking are based on Group Size:
Our fixed Price 2018 is 800 dollars in our sharing group minimum 2 people and as maximum 8 people This tour is all Inclusive
*Save 80 dollars per person by Returning by bus after your tour so your final price will be 720 dollars per person