The Salkantay Trekking on the first day start at Challacancha which is almost 3 hours walking to Soraypampa where we will sleep in Domes which have great confort, Hot Showers and toilets from here we will go to visit the Huamntay lake which next to the salkantay trekking mountain is an amazin lake full of turquoise color, on the second days the walk goes steeply uphill for half an hour, then comes to a series of zigzags (Siete Culebras is the local name of this strech). At the top of the seventh switchback the terrain levels out under Salkantay´s lateral moraine, and drops gently down to
the small laguna Soirococha. The pass you see above is, alas, a false one; the main pass is a little further on, but the view of Salkantay trekking looming above you more than compensates for the effort. The real pass at 4,750m is reached after 3-4 hours from the moraine, and is marked by a pile of stones , “well know as Apacheta by th locals”, which grows daily as each traveller adds his pebble to thank the APUS for a safe trip during the Salkantay Trekking.
Then the trail descends to the left –hand side of the valley, becoming indistinct in swampy areas. And then comes a place named Huayrajmachay “eye of the wind”, from here we will have a great chance to see the beautiful Pyramid-shape of Humantay behind as you drop below the tree line, know as LA CEJA DE SELVA (“Eyebrown of the Jungle”), and walk through groves of bamboo with many orchids and other flowers and lots of hummingbirds, spectacular waterfalls, a small hot spring at Collpapampa the right place to lock out for the parakeets that abound in this area as well.and the we go to to camp at a coffee plantation at Lucmabamba so we will learn about the proccess of the coffee from here we can take a local transport to go to The Santa Tersa Natural Hot Spring where we will enjoy the hot springs which is 45 minutes from this town .and on the 4th day we will walk through Llactapa Original Inca Trail so from the top we will see machupichu and waynapichu mountains and then the last day will see finally the inkan city of machupicchu.
Day 1: Challacancha – Soraypampa
We pick you up from your hotel and then we go the bus station and travel by bus for about 2 hours to Mollepata where we wil have breakfast this firs breakfast need to be order in a local restaurant in Mollepata after that we take again the private transport until Challacancha for about 40 minutes driving more ,where is going to start our trek. A 3 hour walk will take us to Soraypampa where we will have lunch with panoramic viewsof our Domes of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our trek towards Soraypamapa, our first campsite (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) taking in the beautiful landscape along the way as optional visit we will go to Humantay lake which is 1 hour walking from Soraypampa our first Campsite
Day 2: Soraypampa –Chaullay or Collpapampa (Mighty Salkantay)!!
We will have breakfast at around 5.30am and begin our walk to the highest pass on this trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay Trek on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second campsite, chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
Day 3:Chaullay –La Playa (The Coffee Plantation)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start trekking for the day through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 4 hours where we will Camp at a coffee plantation where we will learn about the process of the coffee so we will harves,toastand ground the coffee as part of this trek . Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place where we are going to camp at a coffee plantation, on the other hand the horses will go back to Mollepata. from here there are an optional thing to do so we can take a local bus to drive one hour to get santa teresa where we can enjoy the natural hots pring ( bus fares and entrance fees to the the natural hots pring is not included in this tour)
Day 4: La Playa Coffee Plantation to Llactapata or Santa Teresa –Hidroelectrica -Aguas Calientes
Highlights of today: The best day of the trek! We will try to get as early as possible to Llactapata. We hike up through a part of the original Inca trail and get some experience of the native people who live here in the area. Have a chance to harvest several fruits and have one of the best views of the Urubamba valley. See The Salkantay Trekking Mountain in the background and have your first glance on Machu Picchu!
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our campsite at la Playa we will walk for about 20 minutes to get to Lucmabamba so wi wil do the original Inca Trail trail of Lacctapata from this place we can see Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu from far, after we arrive to Hydrolectric where we are going to have our lunch then we continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana we will be walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostal.
In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the trek
Day 5: Machu Picchu!!!!!!
We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to machupichu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
Then you will take the train around 2:00pm,4:00pm or 6:20pm according to the train Availability so you will arrive to Ollamtaytamabo after 2 hours travelling so A private transport will wait for you and will take you back to Cusco to your Hotel.
Includes / Not Includes
Tour All Inclusive
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fees to The salkantay Trek
- Entrance fees to Machupicchu
- Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu or Montaña Machupicchu
- Breifing time about the Salkantay Trek One day before
- Liners for your sleeping bags
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 02 maximum 08 paxs
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Soraypampa ( trailhead)
- Vistadome Luxury train back to ollantaytambo (can be at 13:30 pm or 16:30 pm leaving from
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 3-people tents capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( 4season tent)
- Camping equipment (2 domes capacity, cooking and eating dinning dome. Chairs and tables)
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment) and 8 kilos from your personal stuff
8 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- Roundtrip Bus Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu
- 1 night accommodation in our 3 stars Hotel at Aguas Calientes(private room, cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
What you need to take for Salkantay Trekking?:
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take for Salkantay Trek
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandages
We are professional speaking English licensed guides in cusco BIOANDEAN EXPEDITIONS
Price & Availability
PRICE FOR SALKANTAY TREKKING
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
2018 Price Group Price Salkantay Trekking (December 2018 through January 2019):
Private Tours for Salkantay Trekking are based on Group Size:
Our fixed Price 2018 is 649 dollars in our sharing group minimum 2 people and as maximum 8 people This tour is all Inclusive